Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I was Running Again

Well, all right then. I needed this in a bad way. The dog wasn't looking so good, so I left him home this morning, said, "What the hell?" and ran my tookus off. I ran my normal 5.2 mile walking route. IT FELT AWESOME. I haven't ran in almost two months. A couple of days after Thanksgiving I ran and got shin splints. I've been a little spooked since then. But today went fine. My pace was a little slower than what I'd gotten up to, before Thanksgiving, but I was impressed with my performance. It just felt good. It was 55, really foggy and a 12 mph wind, but even that wasn't too bad. The dog seems to be feeling better today, so hopefully we will resume our walks tomorrow, but Tuesdays and Thursdays might become running days again. I didn't get the stupid job, but that's all right, hopefully something else will come along. What makes it all better? My two year old told me she loved me last night, unprompted, unsolicited, just straight up told me she loved me. That made everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment