Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hey, I'm supposed to be blogging. Whoops.

All right, slacked off there a bit. Still running. Running fast. The half marathon was awesome and I've recovered pretty well. Last Thursday, 02/23 I ran a pretty good three miler. After work, shitty, stressful day. I planned on taking it really slow, Garmin clicks off the first mile and I'm at 7:50. I put the brakes on and ended up with a second mile of 8:20 and a final mile of 9:05. I think I was taking out some aggression on that first mile.
Saturday was the Run for the Bluebonnets 5K in Bastrop. I love this 5K. It was my first race and it means a lot to me. Again, I was planning on taking it easy and going slow and again, that didn't happen. My buddy Cory ran it with me and this was his first race as well. He wanted to run fast and had been badgering me all week to run it fast with him. The morning of the race I told him I'd set a fast pace for a mile or two and then let him take it to the finish. Well, I ended up running the whole thing at a 7:52 pace. It felt pretty damned good.
Sunday, nothing. And yesterday I got in another two miles with Gus. He's old but loves the walking. I wanted to go this morning, but it was rainy and gross, so I opted for sleep. Maybe another after work run this afternoon, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment