Thursday, February 16, 2012

Half Marathon Training, 2 miles

Well, this was my last run before the Half. Really felt good this morning. Took it easy and just tried to be smooth and free. A coach for an Austin running club posted a step by step description of the route yesterday. I've poured over that thing several times. I even pulled up Google Maps street view of Austin and went step by step along with the write up. There is one big hill at 12 miles that is going to suck. 80 ft climb in less than a quarter mile. OH FUN!! I am really excited and getting a little nervous. I can't wait till about 9 on Sunday. I should be drinking a beer about that time. Ha.

1 comment:

  1. LOL....pretty flat in Texas? My neighborhood is pretty hilly. My run tonight had a 130 foot gain in one part over about 1k (about 1/5 of a mile). Kinda normal for me! =P Maybe that will motivate you...when you approach that hill, just think "Shoot, if Josh can do this in his sleep...I got this!" Good luck! I look forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete