Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New year, time to start blogging again

Things are going well. In November I completed my first half marathon, the Rock and Roll San Antonio Half Marathon.  It was pretty awesome.  I finished in just over two hours, 02:03:18.  I was pleased, I really wanted to break 2 hours but I am happy with my result.  A week after that I did the Warrior Dash.  This was awesome. I had a whole bunch of fun with this race.  My bro in-law and a friend of his took part as well.  A week after that I did a virtual 5K for Thanksgiving.  We were in Denver and my wife and sister did so as well.  It was nice to run in Denver.  My biggest joy though was running with my dad.  We did a little workout together and ran a little.  He is coming back to running after having not run in years.  He's in great shape, just not running shape.  He was a marathoner, back in the day, and feels compelled to run again.  I love it.  It was a joy to run with him, except he's a fast dude.  It was hard to keep up.  Right now I have three races on the horizon.  I have the Austin half marathon in February, the Bluebonnet 5k in Bastrop a week later and then the Cap 10K in Austin at the end of March.  Pretty stoked about this year and hope to keep running like a wild man.  And keep up with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment