Friday, April 15, 2011

Wild Dogs

What was meant to be an easy workout this morning turned into quite the adventure.  I wanted to take it easy this morning, after the big run yesterday and the weather not being too favorable for the dog.  It started off well, a little stiff but nothing eventful happening.  And then the dogs came.  I passed them on the way out and got past them without too much hassle but it was still scary.  They were wary to run out into some light traffic and the dog and I hauled ass.  I was pretty worried about coming back but there really is no way around where they were for me to get home.  So I sucked it up and dove back in and hoped for the best.  I got almost through where I had seen them and thought that maybe they had moved on.  When I got half way through the area I saw them and they saw me and it was on.  Thank goodness they weren't distance runners.  The dog and I had a big enough lead on them that they got a little too close for comfort but they never really got withing striking distance.  I think I'm going to get me some pepper spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment