Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The 5K, Monday and Tuesday

All right I ran a 5K in Bastrop on Saturday. It was pretty awesome. My wife, Brother in-law and a good friend all participated and fun was had by all. I ran my fastest 5K yet, coming in at 26:31, 30 seconds faster than the one I ran in November. Next came the brother in-law, his first 5K and he finished in 31:36. Pretty good for his first one. But the big story was my wife. She rocked this 5K, taking 12 minutes off her last time to come in at 45:42. Our friend Sarah is a running freak and she came and paced Amanda for the whole 5K. She's pretty awesome and we thank her greatly for the support and help. Golfed on Sunday and didn't do anything on Monday. My legs, shit, my whole body was tired on Monday, so I took the day off. Today I got up and did my usual 5 miler. Felt good. Legs are still tired, but they'll be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment